Long before heirs-in-law are contacted by an EquiTrace professional, we have been working to define the family tree and locate the correct people.
Once the rightful heirs are located, the work continues to amass the documentary evidence.
The process involves several phases.
• Uncovering the existence of unclaimed assets.
• Researching the family tree to locate living relatives.
• Contacting heirs and obtaining their agreement to proceed.
• Proving that they are the closest and only legal heirs.
• Perfecting the claim to the satisfaction of the agency involved.
• Preparing testimony and documents for use in court
• Appearing as expert witnesses in genealogy to establish rightful
• Working with all parties to ensure proper inheritances.